Individual Future Problem Solving is held at the Governor’s Cup State Finals. It is not part of Governor’s Cup. In Individual FPS one student works through the FPS process. Individuals generate 8 challenges in Step 1, and 8 solution ideas in Step 3. Step 2, Step 4, Step 5 and Step 6 are exactly the same as the team competition. Participants have two hours to complete a booklet.
Students may take part in both Governor’s Cup Team FPS and Individual FPS. Divisions are:
- Junior – Grades 4-6
- Middle Grades – Grades 7-9
- High School – Grades 10-12
FPS Invididual is held at 8:30 AM on the Monday of the Governor’s Cup State Finals, which is at the Galt House in Louisville on March 13, 2017.
The registration fee is only $35 per individual.
Individual FPS uses the Governor’s Cup State Finals topic.
Booklets are evaluated after state finals by FPS coaches, evaluators and trainers. Booklets are emailed to the participating schools’ coaches to be given to the evaluator listed on the registration form. Booklets must be returned within two weeks.
- 1-4 students competing: 1 evaluator per division
- 5-8 students competing: 2 evaluators per division
- 9-12 students competing: 3 evaluators per division
- 13-16 students competing: 4 evaluators per division