101 Chestnut Street
Berea, KY 40404
- Check-in will be on Tuesday from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. in the Phelps-Stokes Chapel. Refer to the map linked below.
- Take your belongings to your room. Report any problems with rooms or keys to the staff at check-in.
- Guardians, we do not assume responsibility for your child until the 11:00 AM opening session. You and your child are free to take a walking tour of campus, or do whatever you like during the time between check-in and the opening session.
NO ONE MAY LEAVE CAMPUS UNLESS ACCOMPANIED BY A GUARDIAN. Day campers, and anyone needing to leave camp for any reason, must be checked out by camp staff. If your child must check out from campus, coordinate a pick-up time at least an hour ahead of time with the Camp Director. The Camp Director’s contact information shall come to you via email.
- Check-in: drop off belongings on Campus Drive then park in Visitor Lot North
- Staff: Visitor Lot North
- Long-term: Visitor Lot North
11:00 AM, Phelps-Stokes Chapel
What to Bring
- Sheets – beds are twin XL
- Pillow and pillowcase
- Blanket(s) or comforter(s)
- Shower shoes, soap, shampoo
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- An alarm device
- Writing instruments (including highlighters)
- Notebook paper in a folder, or a spiral notebook
- Medications, if applicable (see below)
- Calculator, if you designated Mathematics as a study area
- Snacks and drinks
- Energy drinks
- Caffeinated soda
- Peanut products
- Each dorm has an area with a communal fridge and microwave
- Spending money/change for local shops and vending machines (optional)
- Cell phones may be brought and used at the camper’s discretion during non-instructional times.
KAAC assumes no responsibility for administering camper medications. Guardians, when you register for our camp, you assert that your child is able to administer his or her own medications.
We will do everything possible to accommodate roommate requests. Sometimes it is not possible.
Day campers are signed in and out by their guardian at Camp HQ at Phelps-Stokes Chapel.
- Tuesday registration: Between 9:00 AM and 10:30 AM (KAAC supervision of campers begins at 11:00 AM)
- Wednesday/Thursday morning sign-in time: 8:30 to 8:45 AM
- Friday sign-in time: 8:15 to 8:30 AM
- Nightly sign-out time: 9:30 PM
- All meals will be in the Dining Hall in the Alumni Building.
Dress is casual at camp functions. Dress modestly at all times. Anyone dressed immodestly will be asked to change. Wear your official camp shirt on Tuesday and Friday.
Campers are expected to adhere to our rules, and treat others, and campus property, with respect. Campers that fail to live up to this expectation will be sent home. We do not employ a “two strikes” or a “three strikes” policy; no prior warning is necessary.
A detailed campus map is found at https://tinyurl.com/y6z6yqnp
Friday features morning instruction, followed by the subject area competitions. Approximately 10-15 students from each subject area will qualify for the afternoon finals. If your child does not make the finals, they may be able to depart campus as early as 1:00 PM.
- Remove all belongings from your room.
- Turn in your key from 1:00 to 3:00 PM at Camp HQ in Phelps-Stokes Chapel.
- All campers must be signed out by 3:00 PM.
All students must be signed out by their guardian, guardian’s written designee or designated chaperone/coach.