101 Chestnut Street
Berea, KY 40404
- Check-in will be on Tuesday from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Campers check in at their dorm lobby. Female campers are in Dana Hall; males are in Bingham Hall. Park on Campus Drive, which runs right behind both dorms.
- Take your belongings to your room. Report any problems with rooms or keys to the staff at check-in.
- KAAC does not assume supervisory responsibility for campers until the 11:00 AM opening session in the Phelps-Stokes Chapel.
Campers may not leave campus unless accompanied by a guardian or guardian-designated adult. Day campers, and anyone needing to leave camp for any reason, must be checked out by camp staff. If your child must check out from campus, coordinate a pick-up time at least an hour ahead of time with the Camp Director. The Camp Director’s contact information shall come to you via email.
Fully vaccinated campers are not required to wear masks. Unvaccinated campers must wear a mask while indoors. Berea is no longer requiring the 14-day temperature check. Campers must either (1) be fully vaccinated or (2) test negative for COVID-19 no more than seven (7) days before arrival.
All campers will undergo a temperature check upon arrival. Any camper who develops a fever must return home. Rooms and equipment are sterilized overnight and between competitions.
Parking is available along Campus Drive, which runs behind the dorms. No permit is necessary. Please observe posted “no parking” signs. With no Berea students on campus, parking should be plentiful.
11:00 AM, Phelps-Stokes Chapel – bring a pencil for a short quiz
What to Bring
- Sheets – beds are twin XL
- Pillow and pillowcase
- Blanket(s) or comforter(s)
- Shower shoes, soap, shampoo
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- COVID masks (unless fully vaccinated)
- An alarm device
- Writing instruments, including highlighters
- Notebook paper in a folder, or a spiral notebook
- Medications, if applicable (see below)
- Calculator, if you designated Mathematics as a study area
- Snacks and drinks
- Energy drinks
- Caffeinated soda
- Peanut products
- Spending money/change (optional)
- Cell phones may be used at the camper’s discretion during non-instructional times.
KAAC assumes no responsibility for administering camper medications. Guardians, when you register for our camp, you assert that your child is able to administer his or her own medications.
We will do everything possible to accommodate roommate requests. Sometimes it is not possible.
Day campers are signed in and out by their guardian at Camp HQ at Bingham Hall.
- Tuesday registration: Between 9:30 AM and 10:30 AM (KAAC supervision of campers begins at 11:00 AM)
- Wednesday/Thursday morning sign-in time: 8:30 to 8:45 AM
- Friday sign-in time: 8:15 to 8:30 AM
- Nightly sign-out time: 9:30 PM
- All meals will be in the Dining Hall in the Alumni Building.
Dress is casual. Anyone dressed immodestly will be asked to change. Wear your official camp shirt on Tuesday and Friday.
Campers are expected to adhere to our rules, and treat others, and campus property, with respect. Campers that fail to live up to this expectation will be sent home. We do not employ a “two strikes” or a “three strikes” policy; no prior warning is necessary.
Camper Mail Address
Berea College Conference Services
Berea KY 40404
Friday features morning instruction, followed by the subject area competitions, which typically consist of two rounds. If your child does not make the finals, they may be ready to check out from their dorm as early as 1:00 PM.
- Remove all belongings from your room.
- Turn in your key card between 1:00 and 2:30 PM in your dorm lobby.
- All campers must be signed out by 2:30 PM. All students must be signed out by their guardian, guardian’s written designee or designated chaperone/coach.