COVID-19 Accommodations and Protocols
As of March 15 2021
- The Department of Public Health has determined that Berea’s dorms can accommodate two persons per room and meet all social distancing requirements due to the size of the spaces and the upgraded HVAC systems that have been installed
- Dining Services will individually box each person’s meal, so it can be eaten either with the group in the main meeting space or outside. We encourage campers to bring stadium style fold-up chairs so meals can be enjoyed outside.
- Dining Services employees and all Berea College employees are in Vaccination Phase 1C, which should begin in the next week in the State of KY. On campus employees are randomly COVID tested and are required to submit a negative COVID test prior to returning to campus for any reason.
- Meal and Shower times will be staggered.
- Masking and social distancing is required AT ALL TIMES on Berea’s campus, even when outdoors. Masks are not required in private dorm spaces.
- Fogging technology is being used in rooms to sanitize and disinfect prior to all group arrivals. Virex (a hospital-grade disinfectant) is what is being used to clean all surfaces.
- Rapid testing is available in Berea and if a camper develops symptoms, they will need to quarantine until a negative test is received.