JV Competition Details
All JV Challenge events will be held online. Students will compete online at their school if permitted by school policy. Students prohibited by school policy from coming to school may compete from home.
- Quick Recall will use the Quiz Bowl Pro platform JV schools will receive a sign-up link from KAAC after registering for JV Challenge.
- Quiz Bowl Pro works in tandem with videoconferencing platforms like Zoom and Microsoft Teams. It is browser-based, and there is nothing to download or install.These instructional videos are available for your familiarization.
- JV coaches shall determine their videoconferencing platform of choice as part of the planning process.
- Schools can have unlimited co-coach subscriptions.
- There will be no additional cost to schools beyond the JV registration fee. Your JV subscription to the Quiz Bowl Pro platform will be valid until March 16, 2021.
Quick Recall Rules Modifications
- All questions will be read in each half.
- Moderators shall not be in the same room as student participants.
- Officials will be directed to wait 3-4 seconds before making a hesitation call.
- There will be no bounce-back bonus.
JV Written Assessment shall take place on KAAC’s custom assessment platform. Practice exams will be available for familiarization purposes.
Composition students will use a customized fillable PDF. Practice prompts will be available for familiarization purposes.
Written Assessment and Composition
Students competing at school are to be proctored by someone other than the JV coach or the guardian of a participant of the event being proctored. If possible, this proctor would have no affiliation with the school they proctor. If separated into multiple rooms, a participant’s guardian could proctor the room in which their child is not competing. Students shall be monitored both by a physical proctor and via videoconference. Proctor instructions for students shall include ethics guidelines for fair test-taking. Proctors shall record competition sessions if permissible by school policy.
Students competing at home are proctored via teleconference by someone other than the JV coach. Proctor instructions for students shall include ethics guidelines for fair test-taking. Proctors shall record competition sessions if permissible by school policy.
Students are monitored via teleconference. The Quiz Bowl Pro platform also alerts officials if a student opens another browser tab.
To prepare for the transition to online competition, KAAC will will offer each JV Section free questions for a trial competition before November.