Individual Future Problem Solving is and FPS Component event, and not part of Governor’s Cup. In Individual FPS one student works through the FPS process. Individuals generate 8 challenges in Step 1, and 8 solution ideas in Step 3. Step 2, Step 4, Step 5 and Step 6 are exactly the same as the team competition. Participants have two hours to complete a booklet.
Students may take part in both Governor’s Cup Team FPS and Individual FPS. Divisions are:
- Junior – Grades 4-6
- Middle Grades – Grades 7-9
- High School – Grades 10-12
- 5:00 PM Tuesday, March 16, 2021
The registration fee is only $35 per individual.
Individual FPS uses the Governor’s Cup State Finals topic.
Booklets are evaluated after state finals by FPS coaches, evaluators and trainers. Booklets are emailed to the participating schools’ coaches to be given to the evaluator listed on the registration form.
Booklets must be returned within three days so that the announcement of awards can be made during the Component Events Awards Ceremony.
- 1-4 students competing: 1 evaluator per division
- 5-8 students competing: 2 evaluators per division
- 9-12 students competing: 3 evaluators per division
- 13-16 students competing: 4 evaluators per division