Sixth Grade Showcase
Sponsored by the Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels
The Sixth Grade Showcase is an academic event designed to provide a competitive opportunity for Kentucky’s sixth graders, who are sometimes “lost” between elementary (4-5) and middle grades (6-8) Governor’s Cup competition.
- Coach Planning Meeting – Nov. 19
- Composition – Dec. 1
- Written Assessment, Quick Recall, Awards – Dec. 5
Due the ongoing pandemic, all Showcase events shall be held online. Students will compete online at their school if permitted by school policy. Students prohibited by school policy from coming to school may compete from home.
- Five Written Assessments-Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Language Arts, and Arts/Humanities
- Quick Recall—double elimination bracket when there are fewer than 8 teams—modified pool play for 8-team sections
- KAAC provides Coaches Guides for all coaches
- Each school may have only one team
- Only sixth grade students may compete
- Students may compete in both Governor’s Cup and the Showcase
- Each student may take part in a maximum of three events
- Each team may enter a maximum of 3 students in the written events and in Composition
- Students must compete for the school in which they are enrolled
- Each school participating in Quick Recall MUST provide TWO Quick Recall officials
- Each school participating in Composition MUST provide a reader
Learn more about the Honorable Order of the Kentucky Colonels at their website.