Sixth Grade Showcase
Sponsored by the Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels
The Sixth Grade Showcase is an academic event designed to provide a competitive opportunity for Kentucky’s sixth graders, who are sometimes “lost” between elementary (4-5) and middle grades (6-8) Governor’s Cup competition.
- Coach Planning Meeting – Nov. 18
- Composition – Nov. 30
- Written Assessment, Quick Recall, Awards – Dec. 4
- Five Assessments – Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Language Arts, and Arts/Humanities
- Quick Recall—double elimination bracket when there are fewer than 8 teams—modified pool play for 8-team sections
- Assessment exams and Composition are conducted online.
- KAAC provides Coaches Guides for all coaches
- Each school may have only one team
- Only sixth grade students may compete
- Students may compete in both Governor’s Cup and the Showcase
- Each student may take part in a maximum of three events
- Each team may enter a maximum of 3 students in the written events and in Composition
- Students must compete for the school in which they are enrolled
- Each school participating in Quick Recall MUST provide TWO Quick Recall officials
- Each school participating in Composition MUST provide a reader
Learn more about the Honorable Order of the Kentucky Colonels at their website.