Governor’s Cup State Finals Postponed
THIS PAGE WILL BE UPDATED AS EVENTS WARRANT.
Governor’s Cup Participants, Coaches, Parents, Officials:
The KAAC Board has voted to postpone the Governor’s Cup State Finals, scheduled for March 14-16 in Louisville, due to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak. The KAAC Board reached this difficult decision after carefully weighing the risk of serving as an accelerating agent for the virus against the disappointment we know our students must feel.
Our reschedule plan:
- Composition and Written Assessment will take place at the Galt House on Saturday, May 16.
- Quick Recall will be held at the Galt House May 16 and Sunday, May 17.
- Awards will be held Sunday afternoon.
- Governor’s Cup Future Problem Solving teams must complete their booklets as soon as possible so that our teams will be eligible to compete at the International Conference.
The mechanics of FPS competition and evaluation are being discussed and will be announced on or before Monday, March 16.
UPDATE: Directives issued by superintendents after this notice was posted require us to re-evaluate this timetable. As soon as a competition plan for FPS is finalized, School Representatives of our FPS teams will be notified and this page updated.
- Details regarding the non-Governor’s Cup FPS Component Events of Alternates, Junior Division, CmPS and Individual FPS will be released the week of March 16-20.
- The General Knowledge exam will be held on Saturday, May 16.
A detailed schedule for May 16-17 will be posted soon at www.kaac.com.
Thank you for your understanding as we try to ensure the health and safety of our dedicated students. We hope to see you in May.
John Bennett, KAAC Executive Director