State Officials Information
Future Problem Solving
Proctors report at 1:30 PM Saturday and are dismissed at 4:30 PM.
- Middle Grades: Archibald Room, Galt House West, 3rd floor
- High School: Cochran Room, Galt House West, 3rd floor
- FPS—Alternates: Nunn Room, East, 2nd floor
- FPS—Junior Division: Lily Room, Galt House West, 2nd floor
Evaluators for both grade levels have a choice of start times: 6:00 AM or 8:30 AM Sunday. Please email email@example.com to confirm a 6:00 AM start. Report to the Cafe’ Magnolia, Galt House West, 2nd floor.
Evaluators are dismissed after reading their assignment of five booklets. *Evaluators MUST be finished by 3:30 PM.*
Failure to provide an evaluator will result in team disqualification.
If you have never evaluated at State, we recommend coming to our Saturday familiarization session: 2:30 to 4:00 PM in the Stanley Room, 3rd floor, East Tower
All proctors report at 1:45 PM Saturday to the Daisy Room, Galt House East, 2nd floor. Proctors will be dismissed at 4:15 PM.
Readers on Sunday for both grade levels have a choice of start times: 6:00 AM or 8:00 AM. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm a 6:00 AM start. Readers will read a maximum of 15 booklets, and must be finished by 2:30 PM.
- Middle Grades: Terrace Room, Galt House East, 16th floor
- High School: Wilson Room, Galt House East, 3rd floor
Schools representing Composition Regional champions must provide a reader. Failure to do so will result in the disqualification of students from that school.
Written Assessment Proctors
- High School proctors MUST report at 9:00 AM Sunday to the Archibald Room, West, 3rd floor for a mandatory meeting.
- Middle Grades proctors MUST report at 4:30 PM Sunday to Archibald Room, West, 3rd floor for a mandatory meeting.
Quick Recall Officials
Each school must provide a certified scorer, or a timer who will serve as a buzzer operator for the Sunday rounds. An experienced and competent judge or moderator may also fulfill this requirement, pending KAAC approval. Officials must be present at the assignment meeting and available to work all Sunday rounds for their grade level.
Mandatory Assignment Meetings
- Middle Grades: 7:45 AM, Carroll/Ford Room, 2nd floor, East
- High School: 1:00 PM, Carroll/Ford Room, 2nd floor, East
Because of the size and scope of State Quick Recall, we cannot honor requests to bypass this meeting. Absent officials will cause their team to forfeit Quick Recall.